Gambling Project Officer
Amity is a for-purpose community organisation based in Darwin. Amity delivers a range of professional evidence-informed services and programs that encourage healthier habits and lifestyles. Amity specialises in the areas of alcohol, other drugs, gambling and associated areas of mental health.
Amity works with people to understand their needs and aims to work collaboratively to encourage healthier habits and lifestyles by providing information and educational strategies for harm minimisation, building upon current skills and/or developing new skills that may assist people. Amity works in a manner that is non-judgemental, supportive and encouraging. We are recognised for our commitment, connection and contribution to our community.
As the Gambling Project Officer, you are directly responsible to the Program Manager. The aim of this role is to work in consultation and collaboratively within the Gambling Team and to contribute to the overall program development, delivery and sustainability.
- Travel and work with and within a diverse range of community settings (urban, rural and remote) with community/workers/services to identify and respond to gambling problems;
- develop and maintain key relationships with individuals, communities, regional councils, other service providers and partnering institutions and universities;
- participate in the development, delivery and review of the program’s community education and development;
- develop and facilitate information sessions;
- develop and facilitate capacity building sessions/workshops;
- contribute to the development of resource materials;
- disseminate health promotion material; and
- attend and participate in community event(s).
- Ability to travel throughout the NT and work outside normal business hours when required;
- demonstrated ability to establish and maintain networks and relationships with key stakeholders and community organisations.
- A Working with Children’s Card; and
- A National Police Check
- High level of communication skills, with the capacity to relate to various members of the public, including business and industry, support agencies, welfare groups and government;
- Strong project management and report writing skills;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment;
- Capacity for self-motivation related to work practice and learning;
- A Northern Territory Driver’s License;
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs, or the commitment to undertake this study;
- Knowledge in the field of gambling;
- Knowledge of the local Darwin Community and the community sector.
What Amity Offers:
- A workplace that values and actively supports career development and continual learning;
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- the option of salary sacrificing;
Applicants are welcome to using the subject line: Gambling Project Officer Application. Closing Date 2/02/2023