Amity is a for-purpose community organisation based in Darwin. Amity delivers a range of professional evidence-informed services and programs that encourage healthier habits and lifestyles. Amity specialises in the areas of alcohol, other drugs, gambling and associated areas of mental health.
Amity works with people to understand their needs and aims to work collaboratively to encourage healthier habits and lifestyles by providing information and educational strategies for harm minimisation, building upon current skills and/or developing new skills that may assist people. Amity works in a manner that is non-judgmental, supportive and encouraging. We are recognised for our commitment, connection and contribution to our community.
As the Counselling Services Manager, you are directly responsible to the General Manager of Community Services. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team of professional counsellors and contribute to agency administration, development and sustainability.
- Provide leadership that creates opportunities for collaborative work and capacity building;
- Manage the counselling teams service delivery to ensure services are effective;
- Manage and contribute to agency administration, evaluation and research projects;
- Develop and maintain networks with other agencies and sectors, and to build productive working relationships;
- Provide evidence-informed assessments and therapeutic interventions including;
- Bio-psychosocial assessments to gain a holistic understanding of your
- clients presenting and underlying concern;
- Develop, provide and review individualised treatment plans;
- Liaise with other services and facilitate referrals when appropriate;
- Maintain required internal documentation;
- Complete required internal and external data collection.
- Manage and participate in the development and presentation of education and training programs;
- Engage in further activities as appropriate which advance professional and agency development.
- Qualifications and experience in a social science area with demonstrated ability in therapeutic counselling.
- Knowledge of drug and other behaviour assessment and interventions from a harm minimisation perspective as well as knowledge of mental health issues and evidence informed interventions.
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- An understanding of adult learning principles and experience preparing and presenting training programs.
- An understanding of research and evaluation principles.
- An understanding of the values of Amity and the ability to implement these values in day-to-day work practice.
- A Northern Territory Drivers Licence and Ochre Card (or ability to readily obtain)
- Ability to pass a criminal history check and Working with Children Card.
- A Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other drugs, or a willingness to obtain this qualification.
- Experience working in a leadership position within a therapeutic service.
- Qualifications and experience in the provision of clinical supervision.
What Amity Offers:
- A workplace that values and actively supports career development and continual learning;
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- the option of salary sacrificing