Responsible Gambling Awareness is a health promotion campaign that aims to raise awareness of responsible gambling and to provide information about gambling risks and harm, strategies for being informed, setting limits and making changes, also information about the 24 hour gambling helpline and pathways into treatment.
This year Amity will promote ‘responsible gambling’ during the month of August throughout the Territory and build on the successes of Red Flags: A Public Health Campaign (http://www.italkstudios.com.au/gambling/ and/or http://www.amity.org.au/red-flags-a-public-health-campaign
Amity will travel the Territory throughout August to promote awareness of responsible gambling and so far we have the following events planned:
- Tuesday 1 August at Amity at 10am – Launch of Responsible Gambling Awareness
- Invitation open to NTG, industry, licensing & regulation, venue and gaming managers, community liaison officers, community and community services to visit Amity to meet with appropriate gambling support services, hear about Multi Venue Self Exclusion and to collect a Responsible Gambling Health Promotion Kit.
- Tuesday 8 August the gambling team is at Goyder Park in Palmerston for a community event and distribution of health promotion materials. Also a presentation at Money Workers Network Forum at Somerville’s Gray Office.
- Thursday 10 & Friday 11 August the team is in Katherine with Health Promotion Kits and a pop up community stall at Ryder Park and potentially a community network meet & greet with venues, Amity and Anglicare.
- Tuesday 22 August Responsible Gambling Awareness is in Tennant Creek with a community event to distribute health promotion materials.
- Thursday 24 August Responsible Gambling Awareness is in Alice Springs for a community event in Todd Street Mall and visits to venues, health and social services and community organisations and places.
- Thursday 31 August – Responsible Gambling Awareness with year 8 students at Sanderson Middle School.
Please let us know if you would like a Responsible Gambling Awareness Health Promotion Kit 2017 or if you would like to host an event in your workplace, venue or school.
Email requests to or call the office on 8944 6565 and ask for the Gambling Team.